The Core Software Team at Digital Domain is responsible for core tools and distributed services for use across the facility including: asset, task, and software management; dailies, render submission, analytics, cross site data transfer, and core Python libraries. Digital Domain is seeking a Software Engineer to develop our in-house software package management system, responsible for installing, upgrading, and configuring software at build and runtime. This job presents diverse challenges in a number of areas from dependency solvers to GUIs to package managers.
• Work with the stakeholders to identify shortcomings of the current package management system and design and implement changes to address them
• Work with stakeholders to identify shortcomings in Packrat, our database backed package configuration UI, and design and implement changes to address them
• Support and extend our package management software installers
• Support and extend our package management python APIs and services
• Ensure the reliability of package management, maintaining and improving unit and functional test suites
• Evaluate and integrate third party package manager support on an as needed basis, based on stakeholder needs
• Collaborate with our Devops engineers on the automated build process
• Troubleshoot and fix issues that arise in the course of production
• Participate in code reviews with other Core Software Engineers and Pipeline TDs
Education and/or Experience Required:
• B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or related field and/or combination of education and experience equivalent to that level of professionalism, problem solving, and analytical skills
• 3+ years Python programming experience
• Proficiency with the python standard library
• Proficiency with the Qt Gui framework
• Experience with relational and nosql databases like Postgres and MongoDb desired
• Experience with software testing best-practices, and by extension, familiarity with popular testing frameworks for Python
• Experience with relevant domain topics such as SAT solvers, package managers, a plus
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
• Office working environment.
• Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Digital Domain 3.0, Inc management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs. As an equal employment opportunity employer, Digital Domain commits to a work environment free from unlawful discrimination where all employees are treated equally with dignity, respect and on the basis of individual experience and potential, without regard to any personal classifications protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Diversity and inclusion are at the forefront of DD's values as a company. Our goal is to increase the attraction, retention, and advancement of women, persons of color, indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, individuals who identify as LGBTQ2S and all under-represented groups in skilled occupations within the entertainment and technology sectors. Building a diverse and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our business and the well-being of our people. It drives innovation, new ideas, and most importantly, a safe and collaborative environment for you. We invite you to join us on this journey to help us better represent the world we live in, at the places we work, and to create a space where each individual feels comfortable bringing their whole self to work