The Core Software Team at Digital Domain is responsible for core tools and distributed services for use across the facility including: asset, task, and software management; dailies, render submission, analytics, cross site data transfer, and core Python libraries. The build engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of systems to build, test, and deploy software into production, accounting for the specific needs and constraints unique to media and entertainment. Additionally, the build engineer is responsible for providing guidance to other software engineers in diagnosing and ameliorating build issues.
• Develop and support internal tools related to software configuration, build and deployment, and release automation, including Jenkins, Make, Cmake, as well as internal tools
• Develop and extend Jenkins pipelines
• Assist in the building, installation, and management of the dependent libraries required to build our internal tools
• Provide assistance to developers and technical artists on build errors, configuration issues, and revision control issues
Education and/or Experience Required:
• College degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field and/or a combination of education and experience that would be equivalent to that level of professionalism, problem solving and analytical skills.
• 5 + years work experience required in release engineering, systems administration, DevOps, or Software development
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Attention to detail, curiosity, and a willingness to learn
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
• Expertise with build tools such make, cmake, and to a lesser extent Meson and SCons
• Experience authoring, configuring, building C++ and C projects
• Expertise with Python
• Expertise diagnosing and fixing problems with software build configurations
• Experience with Linux as it pertains to the job
• Expertise with revision control systems like git, svn
• Expertise with distributed build systems, like Jenkins, Gitlab, and Bamboo
• Experience with package management and distribution software like yum, apt-get, RPM
• Familiarity with Virtualbox, Vagrant, Docker, a plus
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
• Office working environment.
• Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Digital Domain 3.0, Inc management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs. As an equal employment opportunity employer, Digital Domain commits to a work environment free from unlawful discrimination where all employees are treated equally with dignity, respect and on the basis of individual experience and potential, without regard to any personal classifications protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Diversity and inclusion are at the forefront of DD's values as a company. Our goal is to increase the attraction, retention, and advancement of women, persons of color, indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, individuals who identify as LGBTQ2S and all under-represented groups in skilled occupations within the entertainment and technology sectors. Building a diverse and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our business and the well-being of our people. It drives innovation, new ideas, and most importantly, a safe and collaborative environment for you. We invite you to join us on this journey to help us better represent the world we live in, at the places we work, and to create a space where each individual feels comfortable bringing their whole self to work