DescriptionCreature FX Technical Directors are responsible for providing a wide variety of dynamic simulations for character based work; including clothing, hair, muscle, skin as well as any post simulation sculpting and finaling.
- Create simulation rigs for characters and creatures using Maya, nCloth, nHair, and additional 3rd party and proprietary tools. (mid and senior level)
- Execute shots using simulation rigs and the delivery of finished assets to the Lighting department.
- Liaise with other departments involved in the creature workflow - Modelling, Rigging, Animation, Lighting and Groom. (mid and senior level)
- Be involved in the development of departmental tools and techniques. (mid and senior level)
- Meet schedules and deadlines whilst maintaining the highest standards.
- Present work for review to leads, supervisors, clients etc. Follow through with notes and feedback as required.
- Have ongoing communication with production and leads regarding schedules and deadlines.
- Continue to become familiar with new tools, software, data and other related technology.
- Work efficiently as part of a team, or independently, to complete assigned shots.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience on CG creature projects
- A thorough knowledge of Maya
- Experience with some of the following types of dynamic simulation: cloth, hair/fur, feathers, skin and muscle
- Experience of creating simulation rigs and setups for shows
- Good problem solving skills
- An appreciation of both the aesthetic and technical requirements of the role
- A good eye for detail
- A strong work ethic, and a willingness to be involved in both development and shot execution
- The ability to work as part of a team in a challenging and deadline orientated environment
- A good understanding of pipeline and workflow issues
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to liaise across departments
- Programming or scripting experience.
- Modelling and rigging skills and experience.
- A good understanding of Maya constraints and deformers.
- Experience of working under a Unix/Linux systems environment.
- Possesses a good eye, able to look at reference material and understand how to apply that within a simulation environment.
- Good understanding of anatomy, human and animal.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.