DescriptionCreature FX Artists are responsible for providing a wide variety of dynamic simulations for character based work; including clothing, hair, muscle, skin as well as any post simulation sculpting and finaling.
Creature FX artists will be expected to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Create simulation rigs for characters and creatures using Maya nCloth, nHair, and additional 3rd party and proprietary tools.
- Execute shots using simulation rigs and the delivery of finished assets to the Lighting department.
- Liaise with other departments involved in the creature workflow - Modeling, Rigging, Animation, Lighting and Groom.
- Be involved in the development of departmental tools and techniques.
- Meet schedules and deadlines whilst maintaining the highest standards.
- Present work for review to leads, supervisors, clients etc and follow through with notes and feedback as required.
- Have ongoing communication with production and leads regarding schedules and deadlines.
- Continue to become familiar with new tools, software, data and other related technology.
- Work efficiently as part of a team, or independently, to complete assigned shots.
- Programming or scripting experience.
- Modelling and rigging skills and experience.
- A good understanding of Maya constraints and deformers.
- Experience of working under a Unix/Linux systems environment.
- Possesses a good eye, able to look at reference material and understand how to apply that within a simulation environment.