Special Interest Groups
Gather in person in Vancouver for presentations led by organizations connected to SIGGRAPH who have a passion and expertise for the prominent industry topics of today and tomorrow.
SUBMIT TO SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP
Special Interest Group (SIGs) are presentations by non-profit organizations with a connection or interest in computer graphics. Reunions can also be SIGs. Topics specific to one commercial product of for-profit companies or corporations, recruitment, sales, specific product tutorials and company promotion are not allowed.
All participants, including organizers, must be registered at an appropriate level to participate. SIG participants/organizers will require one of the following registration levels: Full Conference or Experience Plus registration.
SIGs scheduled by the deadline will be listed in the mobile app and on the conference website.
All SIGs are subject to review prior to approval based on the above criteria and can be cancelled by SIGGRAPH if their description/intent changes.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com for additional information.
- All SIG requests are submitted through the SIG submission system. SIG submissions close 18 July.
- SIGs can be scheduled beginning 7 August through 11 August.
- Requests are first-come, first-served and will be placed at a designated, official SIGGRAPH 2022 hotel. No SIGs will be assigned in the Vancouver Convention Centre.
- There may be a meeting room charge. Organizers are responsible for all costs associated with the SIG.
- Special Interest Group Presentations can be recorded using the following guidelines:
- If only the presenters are being recorded, the organizer needs to handle getting permission directly from all presenters. SIGGRAPH will not be involved in gathering these permissions.
- If the audience is being recorded, the organizer either needs to get signed permissions from all audience members, or provide signage at the door telling attendees that they are being recorded by the organizers, not SIGGRAPH, for this session.
- SIGGRAPH will not include these recordings in their virtual platform.
If your request is received and approved by 18 July, you will receive an email acknowledgment.
ASCAP and BMI are membership associations of U.S. composers, songwriters, and publishers of every kind of music. Whenever music (recorded or live) is played at an event, a license must be purchased from these associations. The license purchase is the responsibility of the SIG organizer.