An App for Everything
Discover innovation, creativity, and all that a mobile device can do in this forum where attendees interact with developers and experience the next generation of mobile media in a fun, festive atmosphere.
Submit your app to SIGGRAPH 2022 to showcase your work in front of the industry. Whether your app uses augmented reality, high-end mobile gaming, computational photography, image manipulation, location-based gaming, content creation, or anything else mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, hybrids) can do, we invite you to submit your project to SIGGRAPH 2022’s Appy Hour.
Appy Hour provides you with the feedback, new ideas, and valuable contacts you need to move your efforts forward. Plus, accepted developers can network and showcase their app in-person in Vancouver.
How to Submit
SIGGRAPH 2022 will gather in person in Vancouver and virtually. We look forward to celebrating 49 years of advancements in computer graphics and interactive techniques. We are excited you are submitting your work for consideration.
For more information about uploading files for your submission, please see the “Uploading Files” tab in the Submissions FAQ.
Each submission will be judged on five criteria:
- Graphical attractiveness
- Technical achievement
- Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent via email early May 2022.
- Submit a 30-second pre-recorded video summarizing your app’s key contributions by 27 May 2022. This video may be used for promotional trailers. The video must adhere to the following specifications:
- Quicktime .mov format required, H.264 codec export
- 29.97 FPS
- 16:9 aspect ratio
- 30-second duration maximum (shorter than 30 seconds is acceptable, but not longer)
- Musical background audio track, without vocals, that you have permissions to use in this video
- Submit a two-page abstract by 27 May 2022. Please prepare your abstract using these templates and instructions. You will receive an email from “email@example.com” with information about your rights management form within 72 hours of acceptance. When your rights form has been delivered to ACM, you will then receive an email from “firstname.lastname@example.org” with information about the preparation and delivery of your material to TAPS for publication. The source (Word or LaTeX) of your abstract, as well as any supplemental materials, must be delivered to TAPS, ACM’s article production system. TAPS will generate the PDF and HTML5 versions of your abstract for publication in the ACM Digital Library. Please make sure that emails from “email@example.com” and “firstname.lastname@example.org” are part of the “allow list” in your email program. You must deliver your material to TAPS, resolve any formatting issues identified by TAPS or by the proceedings production editor, and approve your material for publication by 27 May 2022. If you cannot meet that deadline, you will not be allowed to present your material at SIGGRAPH 2022. Information about the preparation and delivery of your final material to TAPS also can be found at https://homes.cs.washington.edu/~spencer/taps/taps.html.
Attend and present your work on-site at SIGGRAPH 2022 in Vancouver, Canada.
At SIGGRAPH 2022 accepted submitters will show their work during Appy Hour, where attendees will have the opportunity to see your work displayed, and you will have the opportunity to network with other app developers, gaming companies, etc.
Registration and travel costs to attend SIGGRAPH 2022 are at your own expense.
To present your work at SIGGRAPH 2022, one contributor per submission must register at the appropriate registration level for Appy Hour.
You can find a link to the contributor recognition policy here.
ACM Rights Management Form
If your work is accepted for presentation at SIGGRAPH 2022, you must complete the ACM Rights Management Form. The form will be sent via email to all submitters whose work is accepted.
Your representative image and text may be used for promotional purposes. Several SIGGRAPH 2022 programs will prepare preview videos of accepted content for pre-conference promotion, which may include a portion of the video you submitted for review. You may grant or deny us the ability to use the representative image and submitted video for these purposes on the ACM Rights Management form.
22 February 2022, 22:00 UTC/GMT
Early May 2022
Acceptance or rejection notices are sent to all submitters.
13 May 2022
Deadline to make any changes to materials for publication on the website.
27 May 2022
Two-page abstract deadline. If we do not receive your two-page abstract by 27 May, you will not be allowed to present at SIGGRAPH 2022.
Deadline for the 30-second pre-recorded video that will be used for promotional purposes.
24 July 2022
Official publication date for the ACM Digital Library.
8–11 August 2022