Welcome to SIGGRAPH 2022
Contributing to SIGGRAPH 2022? Peruse this list of information for the presentation of your work during the conference.
Thank you for participating in SIGGRAPH 2022. SIGGRAPH’s mission remains the same – to deliver cutting-edge, compelling content to the computer graphics and interactive techniques communities.
A key element of your SIGGRAPH 2022 presentation is your electronic slide preparation. The audience will base its evaluation of you and your subject matter partly on the appearance of your images. An attractive, legible, and organized presentation will reflect positively on the content, and therefore on you.
SIGGRAPH strongly recommends that you show yourself in the video using instructions provided in the power point document below. Showing your face throughout the presentation will be more engaging for attendees. Make sure your self-view is visible as attendees need to see both a view of your presentation and a view of you as a speaker.
All video presentations for SIGGRAPH 2022 must include closed captioning. The requirement is an MP4 video file AND a separate closed caption WebVTT or SRT file.
PREPARING YOUR PRESENTATION
Use of the Slide Template
Use of the template is recommended but not required. However, please use the template for your title slide even if you chose not to use it for all your other slides.
Video Recording Recommendations
For a guide on best practices for video recording, please review the Video Recording Recommendations PDF.
Step-by-Step Session Recording Guidance
For a step-by-step guide on recording your session, please review the Step-by-Step Session Recording Guidance PDF.
Timing for In-Person Presentation
Keeping your presentation within your program’s allotted amount of time is crucial when operating under a tight SIGGRAPH schedule. See below for some timing tips and tricks:
- Find out how much time is allowed for your presentation, and then plan your talk and your number of slides accordingly to allow for a relaxed pace.
- Think of what you would change if the presentation had to be shortened or lengthened.
- Practice your talk before the conference. Time yourself.
- Force yourself to slow down a little; a rushed presentation will create more stress for you and won’t be compelling.
Legibility for In-Person Presentation
- The technical session rooms at SIGGRAPH 2022 are large, and your presentation must be legible from the back row. If you can stand two meters away from your computer’s monitor and easily read your slides, your text is large enough. To achieve this, limit each slide to eight lines of text or less and limit each line of text to 30 characters or fewer. Use a bold typeface, no smaller than 28 points, with generous line spacing.
- Use keywords so that your slides will be quick and easy to read. You want the audience to hear your presentation, while the slides accentuate the points to remember. Use standard fonts. That way your presentation will be truly portable. Incorporate only the essential parts of a diagram and simplify whenever possible. While it is tempting to include detail for the sake of accuracy, too much will make the slide difficult to read and become a distraction. Break up complex diagrams into sections if you can, so that each section can be made larger and therefore more legible.
- Except when part of the template style, avoid the use of ALL CAPITAL letters. Words written in ALL CAPS are harder to read and take up more space on the screen. Use bold face and italics for emphasis, or use a bright color such as yellow text when normal body text is white. Underlined text is not recommended.
Color and Contrast
- Make good use of color and contrast. Dark backgrounds tend to be easier to view, especially with light text and graphics. Good background color choices are black, blue, maroon, or gradient dark colors. Good text colors are white or yellow. Some of the interior slides in our template use a white background. When using these slides, use black or very dark text and graphics. Maintain consistency throughout your slides. Using the same background color, text size, text color, and uniform fonts throughout all the slides makes it easier for the audience to follow the flow of your ideas.
WE CAN HELP
Send your questions or concerns to your program chair by filling out the contact form found at the bottom of this and most pages.